It’s been a while since I wrote anything Carrie Underwood related, hasn’t it? Well no matter.
My Carrie Underwood dry streak is officially over with this. And if you’re anything like me, you’re obviously obsessing in any spare time you have about her upcoming album. So I figured I’d do a quick round-up of the possible song titles we have and what Carrie has said about the album.
So without further ado…
This is a list of all Carrie co-writes so far for this era. Many of these songs will not make the album. For reference, David Hodges has co-written What Can I Say on Carrie’s third album. Hillary Lindsey and Luke Laird have co-written many of Carrie’s biggest hits such as Jesus Take The Wheel, Temporary Home, Someday When I Stop Loving You. Mike Elizondo is responsible for the song that is Cowboy Casanova. Kara DioGuardi, former American Idol judge, along with Marti Frederiksen have written with Carrie the songs Undo It and Mama’s Song. Kelley Lovelace has written many of Brad Paisley’s biggest hits such as Whiskey Lullaby and Remind Me (his duet with Carrie). And finally, Ryan Tedder is One Republic’s frontman and has written songs like Beyonce’s Halo and Kelly Clarkson’s Already Gone.
- Distant Lullaby (Hodges, Lindsey, Underwood)
- See You Again (Hodges, Lindsey, Underwood)
- People That You Love (Lindsey, Underwood)
- Little Girl Don’t Grow Up Too Fast (DeStefano, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Trainwreck (DeStefano, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Make You Mine (DeStefano, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Lucky That Way (Hodges, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Loved By You (Douglas, Underwood)
- I Heard It In A Song (Laird, McAnally, Underwood)
- Set It On Fire (Laird, McAnally, Underwood)
- Do You Remember When (Elizondo, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Heartbreak Boots (DioGuardi, Frederiksen, Laird, Underwood)
- Girls Like Us (Elizondo, James, Underwood)
- Neverlasting Love (DioGuardi, Frederiksen, Laird, Underwood)
- One Way Ticket (Laird, Kear, Underwood)
- Sunburn (Laird, Kear, Underwood)
- Bad Dreams (Kelly, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Diamonds (Kelly, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Nobody Ever Told You (Laird, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Something Like This (Laird, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Two Black Cadillacs (Kear, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Amazing Faith (Gorley, Laird, Underwood)
- That Girl (Gorley, Laird, Underwood)
- Mess Up My Makeup (Kear, Laird, Underwood)
- Take Me To The City (Laird, Shapiro, Underwood)
- We All Fall Down (Lindsey, Underwood, Verges)
- Something Beautiful (Elizondo, James, Underwood)
- I Am A Memory (Lindsey, Underwood, Verges)
- Gone Too Soon (Lindsey, McEwan, Underwood)
- Alabama Who (Hamrick, Lovelace, Underwood)
- Good Girl (DeStefano, Gorley, Underwood)
- Good For Me (Smith, Underwood, Verges)
- I Need Something Strong (Smith, Underwood, Verges)
- Longer Summer (Smith, Underwood, Verges)
- Lucky You (Smith, Underwood, Verges)
- Southern Charm (Lindsey, McEwan, Underwood)
- Hear A Heartbreak (Barlowe, Lindsey, Underwood)
- Good In Goodbye (Lindsey, Tedder, Underwood)
- Thousand Other Guys (Lindsey, Tedder, Underwood)
- Riverbank Song (Gorley, Lovelace, Underwood)
Carrie’s Thoughts About The Album:
– “I’m so excited about it because I honestly think these are the best batch of songs and this is gonna be the best album. I’ve always been reluctant to say that before I guess because I don’t know, maybe I was waiting for something super super special, and I feel like I’ve got it. So meanwhile, a new tour, which we will be putting together really soon, and I’m just really excited. We’re gonna surprise ourselves I think.” (source).
– “I’ve got an amazing 2012 planned for you guys. We’re going to have so much fun!” – Acceptance speech at this year’s ACA awards.
– It’s more on the upbeat side. In fact, she usually has a hard time finding the more uptempo songs. This time, it’s the opposite.
– Expect a beginning of 2012 release of the album, possible first single to be released in early January.
Just reading these titles makes me excited!! After Carrie CARNIVAL RIDE somehow not winning CMA or ACM Album of the Year (even with 5 #1 songs, 3X Platinum sold, untouchable vocals, emotional lyrics, and peerless production by Mark Bright) us fans eagerly look forward to the release of Carrie’s 4th cd which I hope turns the tide and gives Carrie the album awards she deserves. Objectively, its still a bitter pill to swallow that Fearless won thosse Album of the Year awards based on a collection of tween pop fodder whereas CR was not recognized besides her AMA win. Here’s to a bright new chapter in Carrie’s career as shes drops her 4th cd.. I hope it has a few more traditional sounding country songs on it to appease some of he foolish critics. The 4th cd may give her another 3 #1’s which would give her 17 total #1’s – wow !!!
All of her albums are underrated if you ask me. And I think she’ll definitely get more than 3 #1’s.
I agree 100% – CARNIVAL RIDE was far and above the best country album of that year, and PLAY ON is amazing as well. PLAY ON had 3 #1’s (1 #2), sold 2XPlatinum, etc… but most importantly, no other country act (or any other artist in music) boasts such a diverse, strong set of songs coupled withe best vocals in the business. If you contrast C CASANOVA to TEMPORARY HOME to SDWISLY to UNAPOLGIZE to the inspiring PLAY ON title cut you have a master at work creating timeless songs that transcend any genre of music. If any other country act released PLAY ON they would win countless awards, but Carrie is often taken for granted and not given the same kudos as others… not sure if others are jealous of her talent, beauty, songwriting skills, or charm but it needs to stop now. When the Sony label again bought another year of Miranda vocal awards it makes me sad that everyone is being swayed by politics, envy, or just plain denial. If you are the best, you are the best.
Technically, if any other female artist had those albums, I’m not sure she would have made it. Case in point: Lauren Alaina’s debut is phenomenal. Radio isn’t loving her that much.
I’m really hoping for Album #4 to be a smash hit album, reluctantly releasing 5+ singles throughout 2012 and 2013. From this list of songs all cowritten by Carrie her lovely self, there’s obvious potential for such as that to happen. I can’t wait to start hearing previews to her songs for the album i know it won’t be too much longer. *Fingers crossed! I know we all will be gleefully shocked when this chapter of her career begins because I also belive Carrie is put on the back burner when it comes to album success. More should realize how amazing the previous three were and that this one is sounding to be here best yet, quotes Carries herself!
As long as it turns out to be truly as great as she’s saying it is and not some marketing gimmick, I’ll be one happy camper.
CAN NOT WAIT. CAN NOT WAIT. CAN NOT WAIT.
2012 will be a wonderful beyond wonderful Carnival Ride!!! 😀
I predict a minimum of five number ones. And we are bringing the CMA Entertainer of the Year home this year to Checotah, Oklahoma! And the ACM EotY is not even a question. 🙂
SO BLOODY EXCITED.
Just reading the names of these songs made me hyperventilate! 🙂
Pingback: Carrie Underwood Reveals New Single. And It’s Called… « A Separate State of Mind
Pingback: Carrie Underwood Revealing 4th Album Title & Cover Art « A Separate State of Mind