2015 was the year of Bitstrips.
2016 is the year of Facebook stickfigures.
Modern art is so minimalistic.
I wish we can have bitsrips back. At least those were visually appealing.
I have no idea who came up with this “Be like….” meme, but I’m getting super close to wishing they had never existed. I don’t know if it’s the case in other countries too, but the Lebanese populace of Facebook is not only milking the aforementioned meme, they’ve turned it into a monster haunting every single one of our timelines.
I’m now wishing I can see your selfies adorned with Nietzsche quotes again. At least those were actually funny.
So for those sharing those “Be Like You” memes, let me tell you the following:
- No one cares you have a partner and don’t tell people about him or her.
- No one cares that you can do a hundred push ups and don’t advertise it on social media.
- No one cares that you’re single and happy about it.
- No one cares that you’ve turned your life around and didn’t tell everyone.
- The fact that you are making a meme out of it means you are propagating whatever fact you are proudly telling people you did not advertise.
- No one wants to be like you (unless you have a billion dollars stashed somewhere).
So, stop the ridiculous memes. Stop sharing screenshots of them that pop up on our timelines even after we blocked the app making them. If you’re that bored, go read a book, go Instagram your meals, go watch some porn, or watch the only thing about Bill worth watching: