Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Duet: His New Single?

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are best buddies in the country music scene.

She was his opening act while promoting her debut album “Some Hearts” and they ended up recording a duet “Oh Love”, an awesome song that was never released. A huge missed opportunity, may I add.

Now, it looks like they have recorded another duet together. And I believe it will be the upcoming single of Brad Paisley’s upcoming album “This Is Country Music”.

First, Carrie’s latest single, Mama’s Song has peaked about a month ago at #2 and it has been rumored that she will not be releasing anymore singles from Play On. The rumor was questioned at first, but the longer we go without a single on the radio, the lesser the chance of continuing the Play On era.

Second, if no Carrie single is released from now till August or September, assuming a predicted November release date for her fourth album, it will be the longest period that Carrie has gone through without an active single on the radio. Far too long if you ask me.

Third, Brad Paisley’s current single “This is Country Music” is racing up the country charts and looks poised to peak at #1 in the coming two or three weeks. It currently sits at #3 on the charts, with a remarkably fast 13-week run, one of the fastest Brad Paisley singles to do so.

Fourth, Brad Paisley’s album is to be released late May, which means that if the current single peaks around early March, it would leave a two month period of no single on the radio to promote his album. A second single being issued is a certainty.

Fifth, Brad Paisley will be competing with Lady Gaga on his first week of release and while he will not beat her, releasing a second single that sparks wide interest among country listeners is sure to provide him with high sales numbers.

Sixth, with the huge success duets and group singles are seeing on country radio (Need You Now, Don’t You Wanna Stay, If I Die Young), it looks like the trend of having more than one singer on a track is paying off. Now get together the genre’s leading vocalists and put them on the same track and you have the recipe for a smash hit on country radio, one that will sustain Carrie through the wait for her fourth album and one that will provide Brad with the needed buzz for his album release.

Also, another thing to note is that with Carrie not having any single on the radio, she will not be able to sing anything at the ACMs and I doubt Brad would want to sing “This Is Country Music” there after debuting it at the CMAs and after it would undoubtedly have peaked.

So it looks like Carrie’s team has prepared a bombshell for us with an awesome single that will undoubtedly take the Country Music scene by storm. One can only hope the song is as awesome as we all think it will be.

20 thoughts on “Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Duet: His New Single?

1. I have actually been daydreaming about this for a long time!!–A new song-(the ultimate would be a co-written song by the 2 of them)would be fantastic !!–But, so would a fun old classic song!!—-Play On is such a good album!-I think it was way underrated-as was all things Carrie this year!—The album had at least two more single quality songs.Must have been still another record company troubles victum !!Really hoping for the Brad/ Carrie duet !!!! Oh Please!!! We need more music !!

2. ACM hinted that Carrie will indeed perform at the ACMs this year and w. a “special” guest… which could be Brad Paisley for sure… funny, Brad has been getting these big awards but Carrie performs/sings at a whole higher level. yes, i agree 100%, PLAY ON was robbed album of the year awards by both CMA and ACM — so many great, diverse songs delivered with amazing talent and voice…. there is no way REVOLUTION was better than PLAY ON,, , Miranda’s lp has maybe 2 good songs at best… what a sham, what politics… Carrie is treated unfairly since she is on a higher level than anyone else thus gets the shaft sometimes since they take her for granted. Go Carrie.

3. I really hope this rumor is true! I love Brad and Carrie, and together, they sing SO WELL! I love their skits at the CMAS. 🙂

praying this is true.

4. Pingback: Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Duet: His New Single? « Brad Paisley News

5. I love Carrie and think this new duet could be the song of the year. I miss all you Carriefans by the way! I was kicked off the site by administer Jeff for being too enthusiastic in defending Carrie Underwood I know – unbelievable!

6. Pingback: Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley’s Duet is Titled: Remind Me! « A Separate State of Mind

7. I wish Carrie could credit too for this guaranteed #1 song. Brad had better duet with Carrie on her cd to give her another #1 as well.. only fair since Carrie blows away Brad vocally. In fact, honestly, it AMAZES me how much male country supertars get away with ??!! Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Trace Atkins and Tody Keith ALL have fairly bad voices.. I mean they are all soooo average when compared to Jason, Keith, or Clay. AND all those superstars still get #1 songs even if they release calculated, predictable, and auto-tune songs. Carrie, Miranda, Sara, Taylor …all have to be 3x as good to get the same success. Its really wrong..oh well, Go Carrie = living legend !!

• This will definitely go to #1! Carrie’s weakest single to date, Mama’s Song, almost made it to #1. And on normal occasions, it would have!
      Carrie is a country radio powerhouse. It’s clear she’s there to stay! But country is more of a male-driven business, so it’s only natural for Carrie and other females to have a harder time breaking into it.
      But I’d say Carrie has done pretty well 🙂

• Yes, “Mama’s Song” was Carrie’s first overall #2 single (Carrie had 13 consecutive overall #1 singles, and 10 Billboard #1 singles). I honestly believe that radio and the labels did not want “Mama’s Song” to reach #1 for some reason (maybe since they all are still trying to shove Lmabert down our throats and another Carrie #1 would expose the truth??)… Carrie truly earned that #1 in that the song is not as commerical as her other songs, its very personal to Carrie, and features an overall understated delivery,. STILL the song reached #2 after weeks and weeks of clawing to the top. I do not buy that Blake Shelton’s latest single reached #1 and Carrie’s did not…? “Mama’s Song” was in the top 5 for weeks, the top video on both CMT and GAC for like 15 weeks straight!! We all know Carrie is the most requested artist on radio even afer 5 years going strong… thus, I think someone decided Carrie’s #1 streak would end… again, the industry is hating on Carrie and its not right, unjustified and completely uncalled for and outrageous due to her talent, beauty, work ethic, and class. Do you agree? “Mama’s Song” did reach #1 in my mind.. but the industry could not alllow a 4ht single release, with that much of an understated, intiminate delivery go to #1 — I hate the politics in country music now… just give Carrie her 3rd ACM ETOY and be done with it.. no one else comes close and THEY ALL KNOW IT !!

• I think Mama’s Song missing out on #1 had more to do with the fact that it had to compete with Kenny Chesney’s and Tim McGraw’s best releases in a long, long time. Both did really, really well on radio. It was just a case of bad timing. And even so, Mama’s Song had a remarkable run on radio, that only pales when you compare it to other chart runs only by Carrie herself.

8. I agree, the fact MAMA’S SONG held at #2 for 2 weeks or so was actually an incredible feat since many in the industry didn’t think it could go Top 10. I just feel the song should have sneaked in at #1 a week or two before Kenny and Tim’s songs (which were juggernauts as you said) since the public demand and video records were huge on her song… oh well, 14 #2 (or above) aint’t too shabby. !!

• Well the streak was bound to be over anyway. I’d much rather have it be done with Mama’s Song than something that deserves #1. It would also allow Carrie to focus on delivering great music w/o having the streak in mind.